Christmas Sale 2017 Information & Requests
We will post Sales Committee communications and upcoming event details on this page, as they become available.
Check List of things to do:
- Rack Cards
- Potters' Profiles for table display
- 1 - 3 images for social media promotion with no more than 3 sentences about yourself (handy form below to attach images and information)
- 1 image for video of your work. (all images by Oct 27th please)
- Please review the updated KPG Technical Standards
(revised Feb 2017) to understand and ensure your pieces meet the criteria for the Christmas Sale.
- Make note of your shifts (to be sent separately)
We are hoping that you all have picked up some of the rack cards in the gallery to put out into the community and to hand out to friends and family. There are still a lot to distribute, so drop into the guild and pick some up if you have not already.
Potters Profiles for table display
Please note that we will be using the printed profiles that we have on hand from last year for this year's sale. If you would like to update, please do so and upload in a 5x7 pdf format for printing purposes. (we attach a handy Word document here with the margins already set up for you, if you need help)
For new sale participants, please compose a write-up about yourself and your clay practice, including a photo. These will be printed for the sale weekend. Send these to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Promotional Ideas
Mary Sullivan, as our KPG web designer, has regularly over the years had some great ideas on boosting interest in the KPG and raising our exposure in the community. This includes many events, but also the Christmas sale via the website, and social media. Even though Mary will be leaving us at the end of the year, this sale season will really be no different!
Here are her ideas for this year's sale promo for the website, FB and Twitter:
Cathy and I are trying to create a few ideas for promotion on our social media/website etc for this Christmas show. But we need your help.
- We need an image (or no more than 3) of work that you are doing now, or even interesting images of your work in progress, where you make your work (studio, basement, garage etc) with no more than 3 sentences about yourself or the image, written in the third person e.g. "Molly Brown loves handbuilding...". We can then post these on social media every day or so leading up to the show. WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU TO HELP US PROMOTE YOUR WORK, THE GUILD AND THE SALE. These images don't have to be studio images, but make sure they show your pottery well and are clear, good photos.
- We also want to make a video of stills introducing the work of every potter in the show. (Please see link of example) I’ve put together a little example which will have a title and intro and then each person holding one of their favourite pieces. As you can see, it is you holding your work close to your body. It doesn’t matter what you are wearing. We will want to crop them all the same (in a square shape) so try to make sure you don’t cut off your work or have too much background. These were both taken with a cellphone, so you can do the same as long as they are nice and clear. Be creative, and show off your work. We will post this on YouTube, Facebook, the website and Twitter (if we can). We think it could be fun.
We need all of this by the 27th October please and would really like to include everyone’s work. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email either Cathy Allen email@example.com or Mary Sullivan. We have included this form, below if you want to just include the items here.
Sales Documents for Members
Here is the contract for our Christmas Sale for 2017.
This year our sale will be held from December 1 - 3, 2017
Friday 2 pm – 8 pm
Saturday 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday 11am – 4 pm
If you are signing up for the sale, you must renew your membership at the same time (but you can postdate a cheque until September) as well as a privacy form.
KPG Standards 2017 (pdf format)
- Christmas Sale Procedures (pdf format)