KPG SUMMER DAY CAMP – CAMP MANAGER AND CAMP COUNSELORS
Kawartha Potters Guild is a non-profit organization whose mandate is to promote interest in and practice of the potters’ craft, provide facilities for education and instruction in pottery, and advance knowledge and appreciation of this craft. We run a summer day camp for children aged 7 to 12, offered over five five-day weeks, plus a four day August throwing camp for teens.
Depending on the position, the hourly wage is $14.00 to $14.50 working a 37.5 or 40 hour week.
- Qualified applicants for the camp counselor or camp manager position must:
* be a minimum of 16 to maximum of 30 years of age
* be available for work from June 29 to August 28, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm weekdays
* have an interest in the arts, particularly ceramic arts
* have experience in working with and caring for children
* have facility with crafts and games
- This position includes the following duties:
* implement the day camp program Mon.-Fri. Daily activities include: pottery, outdoor activities, games, and drama.
* preparation of projects
* studio set-up, organization, clean-up
The Counselor will work closely with the Camp Manager, with direct supervision and support from the camp supervisors. Staff will be trained in basic pottery skills for children, and safety procedures within the pottery studio, prior to camp. Applicants should come with ideas and some experience working with kids and be able to offer age-appropriate activities.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to the KPG Administrator, Donna O’Brien, via email to by June 5th, 2020. Please include 3 references with contact information.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 regulations, the number of counselors and children attending each week, as well as the actual camp dates, will be determined by the rules and regulations as set out by Ontario Government and Peterborough Public Health. We are committed to providing a safe and accommodating camp ensuring all protocols regarding campers and counselors health and safety are met. Physical distancing, hand sanitizing and full cleaning protocols will be in practice.